How To Stop Being Clingy In Your Relationship
By Contributing Advice Expert View more articles
Have you ever been accused of being too needy or clingy by your significant other? Would you say that you feel the urge to be with your partner 24 hours a day? Do you tend to ignore certain aspects of your life because your number one goal is to spend as much time as you can with your partner?
The “good” news is that you are not alone in this. The bad news is that it is only a matter of time until your partner will eventually start to pull away and lose interest, starting a vicious cycle. You can get out of it by summoning the necessary confidence and determination that will help you change your destructive behavior.
These next few tips should help you enjoy a healthier and more loving relationship.
Hold On To Your Identity
- Do not lose your sense of self while in a relationship. Be independent and spend some alone time whenever you need to. This is not only a good sign that you are in a healthy and secure relationship, but it also means that you respect your partner enough to give them the space they need.
- Keep in mind different people require different amounts of recharge time. You do not have to read too deeply into your partner's need for more space compared to your own needs.
- You should also keep living your own independent life and make sure to take care of yourself.
Enjoy Your Hobbies
If you used to enjoy swimming twice a week, or doing yoga every day prior to entering your new relationship, if your partner does not particularly care for these hobbies, chances are you have completely given up the habit. Go back to your habits or take on new hobbies. The trick is to continue to nurture your interests and skills even though your partner might not share your love for the same things.
You could take on jogging, doing puzzles, playing bingo or slots online. These are all excellent opportunities for you to practice or learn new skills and socialize outside your relationship. Check out gamblersbet.com and get updated with the latest releases in the industry. If you can’t remember when was the last time you played a game of slots online, you might be in for a treat. There are 3D games with amazingly realistic graphics and awesome storylines that will keep you busy for hours. You can even play live poker or blackjack online and feel like a high roller in Vegas - without having to leave your sofa.
Be More Socially Active
Your partner cannot meet every single one of your emotional needs. You will need to learn how to fill your needs for connection from several sources.
- Chat rooms, that most casinos and bingo halls offer at a virtual or brick-and-mortar level are good ways of getting in touch with others.
- Make sure you regularly go out for coffee with your friends.
- Catch up with your family and friends.
- Remember , the time you spend with your partner is about quality, not quantity.
Finally, make sure to have purpose in your life and enjoy your private time whenever you get a chance, make plans for the future and love yourself so you can care for your partner even more