Top 10 Reasons To Break Up With A Boyfriend Or Girlfriend
Dear April Masini,
I've been dating a guy for a few months now and there are a few red flags going up about him. But then I start thinking that maybe my standards are too high and I should start being more lenient. I mean, he's a nice guy, but I'm wondering if I can do better. I need some relationship advice! Do you have any standards that I should keep in mind when dating someone? I need to know the deal breakers so I know whether or not to dump this guy and move on or suck it up and appreciate his good side. Please give me some breakup advice!"
April Masini's Advice :
Dear End it?,
It's good that you're recognizing the red flags; now do something about them! You need to decide what's important to you in a man, and what really doesn't matter. I have a list of the top 10 reasons you should dump him that should help you out and give you some relationship tips to help you determine if it's time to break up. If he fits into any of these categories, then I'd say sayonara!
Top 10 Reasons To Break Up -- Pronto! 1. He/she lives with his parents for more than six months after the age of 21. Do you want to date or babysit? Dump!
2. He or she is almost divorced. If he or she is not legally divorced, you are going to be walking into a possible tornado. Run. Find someone who is legally single. Dump!
3. Violence and/or arrests are red lights. If he or she has lots of reasons for hitting someone and the next person, and the next, and is beginning to sound more like the victim in spite of the facts -- dump!
4. If he or she broke up with their long time (five years or more) girlfriend/boyfriend within the past week. Can you spell rebound? Dump!
5. If you met online and you've been going together for over six months, and he still has his profile up on line -- dump!
6. If he or she won't go out with you, but comes over around 10 or 11 at night for sex and only gives you his cell phone number, not his land line at home, dump!
7. If you really want kids, and he's 45, never married, and can't really see himself as a father, dump!
8. If he forgets your birthday and doesn't get you a Christmas present, and Valentine's Day is just the day between February 13 and February 15, dump!
9. If he proposes to you within a week of meeting you, dump! You're not the only one who got this down on one knee in record time treatment.
10. If the sex just isn't happening and you've given it the old college try, the old university try, the old graduate school try -- and every other try in the book, dump!
And then pick up my book Think & Date Like A Man to find a guy you really want to be with!